Join the book mailing listI'm writing a book, just because I think it is a good time for us all to consider where we are heading and how we can get there. If you're interested in keeping up with updates, chapters and events, please subscribe. The list will only be used expressly for that purpose. Many thanks for the interest and support :)
Welcome to my blog. It goes back a while and has my thoughts on all things technology, open government, FOSS and freedom. May contain traces of silliness and martial arts.
Check out my Gov 2.0 (open government) posts. They represent the bulk of my thinking and work at the moment.
These thoughts are my own.
Important posts & links
- Choose Your Own Adventure, Please
- Online Culture: Unicorns and Doom
- Gov 2.0: Where to begin
- Creating Open Government (for a Digital Society)
- Internet, government and society: reframing #ozlog & #openinternet
- Speech from Nethui on Open Government and Gov 2.0
- Public engagement: more customer service than comms
- Cloud computing: finding the silver lining
- Vivek Kundra and some lessons learnt about tech in gov
- Society 5 project
- OKFestival 2012: Open Data, Open Gov & Open Science
- Privacy and Internet Policy at Internet Governance Forum Australia
- Distributed Democracy project
Archive – blogging since 2003
Tag Archives: xo
Cross-posted from OLPC Friends. I’ve been involved with a couple of OLPC XO deployments now, and the experiences have been extremely fun and satisfying. One of the issues I have faced was simply trying to connect with other deployments to … Continue reading
I just wrote a blog post for OLPC Friends Oceania about getting access to OLPC XO devices in Australia and New Zealand: http://www.olpcfriends.org/2009/02/getting-access-to-xos-in-australianz/
So after loads of work and testing, we now have a VideoChat app for OLPC that really works Check it out! It is a core part of a trial I’m working on, which isn’t quite yet public news, but more … Continue reading
I am working on a really interesting OLPC XO/XS trial (all to be revealed soon!) where the main lynchpin demonstration is the VideoChat activity. We are certainly looking at the educational benefits, the interesting impact on truancy, and opportunities for … Continue reading