While I was in Dublin, I also met up with the Irish Linux User Group, including Noirin (pronounced Noreen) and Stephen, who just got engaged. Congratulations guys! It was a fun night with some warm and fun people talking FOSS in a Dublin pub. Rock!
Welcome to my blog. It goes back a while and has my thoughts on all things technology, open government, FOSS and freedom. May contain traces of silliness and martial arts.
Check out my Gov 2.0 (open government) posts. They represent the bulk of my thinking and work at the moment.
These thoughts are my own.
Important posts & links
- Online Culture: Unicorns and Doom
- Gov 2.0: Where to begin
- Creating Open Government (for a Digital Society)
- Internet, government and society: reframing #ozlog & #openinternet
- Speech from Nethui on Open Government and Gov 2.0
- Public engagement: more customer service than comms
- Cloud computing: finding the silver lining
- Vivek Kundra and some lessons learnt about tech in gov
- Society 5 project
- OKFestival 2012: Open Data, Open Gov & Open Science
- Privacy and Internet Policy at Internet Governance Forum Australia
- Distributed Democracy project
- Creative Commons and Open Data Presentations » Public Record Office Victoria - Archives of the State Government of Victoria on My NZ Open Data and Digital Government Adventure
- simonfj on The imperatives for changing how we do government
- Mark on Online Culture – Part 1: Unicorns and Doom
- simonfj on So you want to change the world?
- Harish Pillay on Embrace your inner geek: speech to launch QUT OSS community
Archive – blogging since 2003